GO Investment Partners Japan has been at the forefront of responsible investment practice in Japan for over 10 years. For a competitive fee, we help our clients fulfil their governance and stewardship obligations. Our clients often see us as a flexible extension to their own internal resource. We work closely with our clients to create a bespoke engagement and governance schedule for their Japanese equity holdings. Typically this includes voting, bespoke engaging with selected companies in their portfolio and policy advice.
Specific services include:
- Review of your corporate governance policy in Japan
- Advice on governance policy changes
- Specific voting advice on selected votes (e.g. where there is a controversial issue or you may be conflicted)
- Customised engagement on selected portfolio companies
The benefits to you of us acting as your in-house governance team in Japan include:
- A dedicated local team who understands Japanese business and culture
- Thought leadership in corporate governance and stewardship responsibilities in Japan
- Improved long-term investment returns through constructive engagement
- Access to a global network of leading responsible investors committed to investment practices that consider environmental, social and corporate governance criteria
- Improvement in your own levels of in-house expertise
- Selected access to our premium product, the Japan Engagement Consortium.
From time to time, an institutional investor may face a potential conflict of interest in connection with a proxy vote. We provide independent fiduciary proxy voting services to deal with such conflicts in Japan. The service provided includes in depth analysis of the vote and voting advice according to the proxy voting guidelines provided to us by the institutional investor.