GO Investment Partners Japan has been at the forefront of responsible investment practice in Japan for over 10 years. For a competitive fee, we help our clients fulfil their governance and stewardship obligations. Our clients often see us as a flexible extension to their own internal resource. We work closely with our clients to create a bespoke engagement and governance schedule for their Japanese equity holdings. Typically this includes voting, bespoke engaging with selected companies in their portfolio and policy advice.
Specific services include:
- Review of your corporate governance policy in Japan
- Advice on governance policy changes
- Specific voting advice on selected votes (e.g. where there is a controversial issue or you may be conflicted)
- Customised engagement on selected portfolio companies
The benefits to you of us acting as your in-house governance team in Japan include:
- A dedicated local team who understands Japanese business and culture
- Thought leadership in corporate governance and stewardship responsibilities in Japan
- Improved long-term investment returns through constructive engagement
- Access to a global network of leading responsible investors committed to investment practices that consider environmental, social and corporate governance criteria
- Improvement in your own levels of in-house expertise
- Selected access to our premium product, the Japan Engagement Consortium.